Monday, November 10, 2014

A Weekend In Houston

Friday
After work I met up with Art Teacher for happy hour.  It'd been too long not only since I had seen her but even longer since we had gone to our usual happy hour place.

It was homecoming for the school I work at so I went to the first half of the game.  I had one boy & one girl nominated for homecoming king & queen.  My boy didn't win unfortunately but my girl did.


After I left the game I got ready to go out with Other Woman.

Other woman & I went out for a couple of hours.  It was so cold...ok South Texas cold...

Saturday
Despite not going to bed until 2 am, I woke up at 7:30 so I could get ready & drive a half hour into work for the homecoming carnival.  After I had been there for 45 min & had bought my kids donuts, I get a text message saying there had been a miscommunication & the class officers had decided to cancel their booth...more donuts for me I guess.

After cleaning out my DVR & napping I got ready to go out again that night.

Art Teacher, Other Woman, & I went out & met a group of people to hang out with.

 Sunday
I stayed in bed way longer than I had intended.  I was also way less productive than intended.  I did make some bacon beer cheese soup & tator tot hotdish though.

I finished reading Best of Me recently & needed a new book, plus on my 27 by 27 is read 12 new books, so I started reading If I Stay.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! The donuts are looking mighty good this morning...need to be strong and not go to Dunkin Donuts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. those box of donuts....MMMMM. i haven't had a donut if 4yrs :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun weekend! those donuts... OMG! i love donuts!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've secretly (okay, NOT so secretly) been pleased about getting all the donuts to myself! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I liked If I Stay, until I read the 2nd book. Or maybe I just didn't like the 2nd book. I still haven't decided yet.

    I did start reading The Help and I'm loving it because I can read in the southern accent like no other.. and then I start talkin' with that accent, and oh golly, this southern belle just needs some sweet tea on the porch and a rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you specified Texas cold. Haha! The soup sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, looks like a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete