Monday, October 20, 2014

One Last Weekend As A 25 Year Old

Friday
I found that little guy in my classroom before the students got there.  He was fine for awhile before some girls started freaking out (he was the size of my pinky at most...) so another girl brought him outside to safety.  So much for a class pet.

I was so tired that I passed out cold when I got home.  I was so disoriented when I woke up that I thought it was Saturday morning.  Like I was in a panic that my phone said it was Friday for a good 5 minutes trying to figure out if it really was Friday morning or if my phone was messed up... I definitely went back to sleep for another couple of hours.

CJ (who y'all will probably hear more about eventually) came over just so we could lay on the couch & watch Discovery Chanel together.

Saturday


 
Sister Wife & I went to a corn maze in the afternoon.  I had never been to one before.  It was cute.  We only tackled the kids' maze instead of the large one but we totally nailed it.  They had a band, activities for kids, & awesome food.  We played a shooting game with some kids where they had modified paint ball guns to shoot foam balls.  We stated out just shooting each other because I felt like a weirdo shooting at 10 year olds...until they all ganged up on us & then it was on.  I am not above hitting a kid with a foam ball if they start it.



That evening Art Teacher & her fiance got married.  The weather was perfect, the location was beautiful, & they looked so happy.  I ducked out after cake, speeches, & first dances though.  I had such a bad headache that I just couldn't sit there anymore.  I tried to ghost escape & failed epically. I got halfway there when someone was like oh where ya headed let me go with ya.  So then I was stuck talking to her.  Then the groom's mom came over & I was stuck talking to her (who I love by the way).  The mom finally went away so I saw my out...unfortunately I then ran into the groom & his dad so I was stuck talking to them for a few minutes.  So when all was said & done I said bye to basically the groom's entire family & not the bride...the bride is the one that was my friend first...

Sunday
My futon broke.  It's been coming for a long time.  I leaned back on it to stretch & it is now stuck at a 120 degree angle.  Needless to say I need to get a couch for the next 7 months.  The futon still works as a bed so I'll probably just bring the mattress upstairs so people have something to sleep on when they come over but I need something for my living room.  Cheap to free would be swell because I'll be getting rid of it at the end of May. 

I got my first birthday present in the mail. (Ok it probably came Saturday but I didn't check my mail that day).  Kind of perfect because Sunday kicked off my birthday week.

Sunday obviously = NFL Red Zone all day.  I also read more of Best of Me.  So much for finishing that by the time the movie came out.  Looks like that will become another movie I maybe see eventually.



9 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love a good corn maze in the Fall! Makes me feel like a kid again. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that are the best.

    Loved this post. Gave me the warm and fuzzies. :o)

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm secretly terrified of Corn Mazes (I guess it's not a secret anymore LOL) - but sounds like it was a lot of fun!! Love the dress you wore to the wedding - simple but classic and so pretty!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I don't do corn mazes. I get lost every. single. time. HA!
    Love that picture of you, you looked amazing for the wedding (huge bummer about your headache!!)
    Happy Birthday week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corn mazes are so much fun!!!! Love your wedding attire, bummer about the headache, though. The coozie is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a good corn maze! I also love that dress you wore to the wedding! And yay for an early birthday present! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday girl! Hope you had a great weekend full of celebrations! love that you went after all the 10 year olds with those guns! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been dying to visit a corn maze! I'd probably go with the kiddy one, too :) The wedding looked beautiful, glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer that you didn't feel good at the wedding! I love your dress though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A corn maze sounds so awesome!!
    Don't you just love those moments where you "sneak out" and every one stops you? I always end up sticking around an extra hour when that happens.
    Good luck on the couch search, maybe there is a facebook group for your town where people are selling or trying to get rid of old furniture. I know you'll only need it until the end of the school year, but couldn't hurt to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete