Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Lady In Waiting

Today while on campus, hanging out with some friends on our 2 hour break in between our classes, my friend Anne decided to open the drawer in the table/desk we were sitting at.  In the drawer was a piece of paper that said "READ ME" so I grabbed it and did just so.  This is what I read (spelling & grammatical errors & all):
9/2/11

Dearest Reader,
I am the lady in waiting.  I am the girl who stares out the window and watches the world from above.  The girl who sees that most the people below are just going from one place to the next with no purpose or meaning.  The girl who sees that most of these people don't know the precious gift of life they were given.  I see all, I am an observer.  I see when people are sad, or happy, or tired from the night before, I see the loners, the confident, and even more on occassion than not, I see the lost.  People who don't know who they are or where they are going.  It's a sad world to watch from above with no noise and no thoughts.  All you can rely on are the emotions and gestures that people put out.  You see the true friends from someone they just put up with.  You see the perfect couple and their deepest secrets.  There is nothing better than the above.

Being above gives you the ability to see the true demeanors of each individual.  Without the thoughts and noise you are able to see the true meaning behind ones words.  If you haven't noticed the study of people fascinates me.  Which is why I am writing this letter.  It is yet another study to see if I am the only one curious enough to open this drawer before me to see if what lays inside.  To be honest all I found were a few names from lost souls and a lonely paper clip.  I am also curious to see if I will be the only one to leave behind a message.

Now before you as the reader begin to think I am some nuts loner, let me just say that you would be wrong.  I am that girl on campus that can't go anywhere without some from of greeting from someone.  Which is why half the time I pull up the head phones and crank the tunes.  It's not that I don't like people it's more that I want the interaction to be on my terms.  Besides music helps me to get to the real object of my affection, silence.  I enjoy the solidtude of my own thoughts without having to hear the thoughts of others around me.  It's always the same thing greed, gossip, sex and partying.  Now don't get me wrong we all have these thoughts just some are more horrid and disgusting about.  But before I get to carried away I am just going to stop.  The purpose of thise letter was not to influence you as the reader but simply conduct a study.  So what are you as the reader going to do; write a response, read and return, leave it untouched, or throw it away?  The next move is all yours.  Thanks for your time.  Have a wonderful day!
Your Lady in Waiting,
S

P.S. Don't forget "live each moment like it's your last."  Don't be one of the lost souls.  Find yourself and your purpose, this is college.  Open your heart and your mind to the world around you and the doors of life will open before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment