Thursday, October 7, 2010

3700 Miles From Home

I never got a chance to study abroad. Sure I still could if I really wanted to but it would put me way behind on my degree when I am already a year behind due to a change in major & adding a minor. I have a need to see the world as I'm sure I've mentioned before. My original plan was to do part of my student teaching in South Africa, which is farther than 3700 miles from home... about 2.5 times farther actually. But then some girl that I have had a ton of classes with brought up Ireland. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Ireland. So I talked to my advisor & that's the new plan. As long as I am accepted I will do my first 8 weeks in MN & then my last 8 weeks in Ireland. IRELAND!

It's still a year & a half away which gives me a ton of time to save & plan. Plus since Ireland would be the second half rather than the first half it gives me the opportunity to travel around Europe for awhile (which is what I wanted to get myself for graduation anyway). Now it's cheaper because I'll already be there & won't have to pay thousands of dollars for some tour. I can essentially go where I want, when I want, for how long I want.



Anne, the other girl was talking about just taking an extra 2 weeks. She said she for sure wanted to see Italy & Greece. Fine by me those are the top 2 countries on my list to see. So I am hoping that we both get accepted & then can travel around afterwards because it would be 10x more fun & safer to travel with someone else than as two individuals.

Did I happen to mention that I'll also be about 3500 miles closer to Branden than I would be at home since he'll be deployed. That means there will only be a 2 hour time difference than 8 hours. That should make it a lot easier to talk to each other.

Ireland here I come!

*All images from google*

2 comments:

  1. oooh, you'll have a TON of fun! I did study in Ireland and LOVE LOVE LOVED it! And last year I visited both Italy and Greece and it was pure perfection. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO exciting! It will be such a memorable experience!

    ReplyDelete