Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Missed You WeFest

Stars Shine in 2009? Of course they did. Especially August 6-8. Why were the stars shining those dates you all ask? Because it was WeFest baby! For those of you who don't know what WeFest is, which I'm going to assume is most of you since it only occurs in Detroit Lakes, MN. I can almost guarantee that all of you have at least one event that is similar in your state though. It's a 3 day country music festival. It is 100% fun. Last year Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Taylor Swift, Trace Adkins, Sawyer Brown, Heidi Newfield, Brooks & Dunn, Craig Morgan, Big & Rich, Clint Black, Kellie Pickler, & Joey & Rory were there... just to name a few. There were 3 smaller, local bands there as well.
Let's Go Again In 2010? Why sure! I'd love to go again in 2010. Unfortunately I did not go again in 2010. Well why not you ask? I mean if WeFest is 100% fun why wouldn't I go? Welll beacause the girls I went with last year decided they did not want to go. Lynette moved to Pennsylvania (ok she's forgiven she just started a job with Cargill). Kayla had a wedding to go to on the last day (unacceptable I had a wedding to go to on the last day as well & mine was over an hour farther away than hers). Heather said she was poor (unacceptable she is richer than any of us. She works 2 jobs, makes around $40/hr at one of them, & her parents pay for a lot of her stuff). Sonja decided she just "didn't feel like it (unacceptable I don't think I need to explain why). That left me & Kristie & going with one other person just wouldn't be fun... especially since I got kind of annoyed with her at the end of the 3 days.

Who did i miss you ask? Only the best line-up EVER! Gloriana, Randy Houser, Montgomery Gentry, Keith Urban, Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock (ok I definitely could have done without him, especially as a headliner. Since when is Kid Rock country??), Joe Nichols, Gretchen Wilson, Dierks Bentley, & Kenny Chesney.
Make no mistake I WILL be there in 2011. Rascal Flatts & Brad Paisley have already been announced. Sugarland has also been rumored to be making the line-up. So while I count down the next 360 days I'll leave you with some pictures from last years WeFest.

Some people drive there in old school buses & turn them into party buses. This was the cougar hunter.

Me & the girls at the beach.
These were our neighbors!
We were playing beer darts & I accidently got him in the shoe!
Me & Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment