Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 3 - My Favorite Book


Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann. I first got this book when I was I don't even know how old. Not old enough to be reading it that's for sure. It's an amazing book though. I couldn't really find a good synopsis for it. Well not one that was short anyway. This is what Barnes & Noble has to say about it:
First published in 1966, Valley of the Dolls rocketed to the top of The New York Times best-seller list and went on to sell an unprecedented eight million copies. Unavailable in paperback for over fifteen years, Jacqueline Susann's sensational story of three pill-popping, Gucci-clad show-biz women (whom she modeled after Judy Garland, Grace Kelly, and Marilyn Monroe) is back!
I haven't read it in awhile but it's one that I have read many times & could still read many more times. Each time I read it I find something new in it that I seemed to have missed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment