Friday, April 16, 2010

Pre-Deployment Dreams

It is far too early for me to be worrying and I am well aware of that. Now that Branden is within the one year mark in his deployment timeline, they basically told them sometime between now & April 2011, I get more & more wound up about it each day. It finally hit me today because he has drill this weekend & I feel like it's going to be happening soon. They are normally in one location for Saturday/Sunday each month but the past two months they have gone to a bigger location where more of the guys can train together & they have been going Fridays-Sundays. They have also been doing more than they normally do at drill like they are finally starting to prepare for the deployment. Two more reasons that I feel it is coming soon is because my cousin, who is in a different unit but still in the MN NG, has a date of this coming August. The other is that my friend's fiance who is in the same unit as Branden was switched to a different job a couple months back to start gathering records of the members so that it is known who is deployment ready and such.

I know it could still be a year away & that I shouldn't really worry until I know for sure & it is actually close but I cannot help it. We haven't had a separation since he went to OSUT in Oct 2007 - Feb 2008. Even then we had a month in the middle where he got to come home for Christmas. I know we can do it I'm just nervous to be apart for a whole year.

Things I am looking forward to:
Care Packages
Letters
The Feeling of hearing his voice for the first time after a long time without.

2 comments:

  1. The feeling when he comes home! It is unlike no other feeling in the world. You know I'm here for you. Deployments are tough, but they're not as scary as some people make them out to be. You and Branden will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just found your blog, and wanted to say hi :) I am married to an Air Force Officer (that would be Mr. Top Gun,) and we have been down the deployment road a lot... He flies, so it is standard around my casa to deal with that crap! It may be tough at first, but you get used to it and learn to adjust to being alone. The awesome thing is that you also tend to grow even more as a person, and by the time he comes back? You are different- but in an even better way!

    Letters, e-mails, care packages are all great moral boosters for the guys. Mr. loved getting them (even though I sent TONS!!) I invite you to pop on over to my blog and follow Mr. and I in our adventures :) I guarantee you'll at least get a laugh out of our crazy life.

    ReplyDelete