Tuesday, November 22, 2016

16 Ways To Embrace The Suck

Life isn't always sunshine & rainbows.  That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.  If I just taught you something new please disregard this post & return to your bubble immediately.  For those of us that live in the real world we know that sometimes shitty things happen & you can't change it.  Even though you can't change the situation though, you can change how you react to it.


1. Look for the silver lining

2. Journal

3. Do something creative

4. Put on some comfy clothes & sit in front of the TV

5. Listen to music

6. Go for a drive

7. Talk it out

8. Curl up with a book

9. Get yourself a big cup of hot chocolate/tea/coffee...

10. ...spike it

11. Be productive

12. Cry it out

13. Go to church

14. Go shopping

15. Change your hair

16. Pamper yourself

4 comments:

  1. A hot shower, comfy clothes and a Disney movie is my ultimate "I'm too cranky to function so I'm just going to mope" solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great ideas. I have a "main" journal on Penzu and I also have a traditional/paper notebook for my purse, where I write short thoughts or doodles. Reading with a cup of tea is always helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great suggestions! I've really embraced the idea of self-care over the past few years, so I'm always happy to get some new ideas. Sitting in front of the TV is my favorite when I'm down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making sure that you're taken care of is really important. Watching TV is a great way to just space out for awhile.

      Delete