Friday, September 23, 2016

New New New


Happy Friday!  Yesterday marked the official start to fall, although in my book fall starts September 1st.  I like things to be neat & in order.  This has been a week of new things for me.  I'm so excited for new things to come, & really excited that the end of September is finally here.

I have no pictures to go with this one.  Why?  See #3...

One
I got accepted for a new apartment!!  I don't move until Febuary but in 4-4.5 months I will be living on my own again!  In a much more convenient location.  I am so so excited!  I will have a pool again, I will have my own space again, I will be so much closer to things, it comes with a washer & dryer.  It's. Just. Better.

Two
This one would have been a whole lot better if I still had pictures...we got new menu items at work & since I won a contest on selling them, I got free food at work.  I mean I always eat the free stuff anyway (aka bread/chips & buffalo/ranch sauce) but this this time it was REAL food.  It was delicious too.  In hindsight I should've gotten the $17 nachos because free fuckin expensive nachos...but my logic was I had already tried those before...  

Three
I got a new phone.  Hence the lack of pictures.  However, it wasn't for a good reason.  I dropped my phone on Tuesday & it didn't crack however the screen went black & that was that.  It was still on, I could annoyingly still hear every text message, email, notification, phone call, & alarm the next morning...but I couldn't do anything about it.  Luckily I made it to Verizon just before they closed & was able to file with the insurance & get a new phone by 10 am on Wednesday.

Four
I tried 2 new recipes from Pinterest finally.  I bought the ingredients when I went grocery shopping last week, but luckily I was lazy & didn't make all 3 recipes.  I wasn't thinking about the fact that I had class/worked every night Mon-Wed & would be leaving for MN on Thursday & wouldn't be back until Sunday night so that much food was unnecessary.  Luckily the stuff I bought hadn't gone bad so I was able to make Cinnamon Crescent Rolls & Mac & Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese, & Rosemary (I also added jalapenos)

Five
I was hoping to tell y'all that I had a new job as well.  However, I don't & here's why...

Monday the 12 I get a call to go in for an interview the next day.  I was slightly confused as I hadn't actually applied at that location.  However, it was closer to me than the location I had applied at so I went with it.

Tuesday the 13th I got in for the interview.  I wait, & I wait, & I wait some more.  Finally a manager (but not the one I was supposed to interview with) comes to interview me 20-30 minutes later.  He gives me the whole run down how everything works, asks about my experience, what I'm looking for hours wise, blah blah blah.  He tells me he wants to set up a 2nd interview & that that will be with the general manager (who was supposed to do the first one anyway)

So... a 2nd interview is set up for Tuesday the 20th.  I arrive & again no one seems to know what's going on.  Finally 10-15 minutes later a manager comes to interview me.  Again not the one that was supposed to.  He seems distracted the ENTIRE time.  Finally at the end he tells me "well I can't actually offer you a position right now because we have 2 people in training right now & they'll be training for another 4-5 shifts & because we aren't hard up for servers right now we like to take our time with training & only do 1 or 2 at a time.  However, when they're done if we need any help we will call you"

UMMM WHAT?!  Why the hell did you waste my time?  YOU called me.  YOU asked me to come in for not one but TWO interviews.  I didn't even apply at your location.  Why in the hell did you want me to come in if you don't even need help right now??

So, basically I'm back on the hunt for a different/additional serving job...

4 comments:

  1. Bitches who waste my time... ARGH. I probably would have told the managers exactly what you thought, in a respectful way. I almost feel like based on their disorganization that they didn't actually know what was going on and if they had, maybe they would have been able to be more upfront with you from the beginning. Either way, still crappy.

    When Suzy1 got ran over by a car, I just had to turn her off. I could hear everything and actually see through the cracked screen, but I was pretty sure I was going to get glass splinters from trying to use the screen and it just wasn't worth that.

    Good luck with the job hunt and yay on a new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crock on the job, some people are just so idiotic anymore. But I can say yay on a new apartment, yay on new recipes, yay on free food, and yay on a new phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited about the apartment!!

      Delete
  3. If the restaurant is part of a large chain, go to the website and contact their corporate office about what happened. Sorry that happened. Yay for the new apartment, though!

    ReplyDelete